NEW VIRTUAL NETWORKING LOUNGE | ON-DEMAND CHAT
Event open: 18-19 November 2020 at 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM HKT
With more than 20 years’ experience of staging aviation finance conferences in Asia, Airfinance Journal’s free virtual Asia Pacific Event is a must-attend for industry professionals to hear the latest industry updates to help with their strategic planning decisions for 2021 and beyond.
This interactive two-day virtual event will bring together the aviation finance industry to re-connect, share practical tips/insights, and explore ways of navigating forecasted changes.
END 31 AUG 2020
ONE TICKET TWO UNIQUE EVENTS
Access to Japan and China Events
Access to Japan, China and HK Events
% management level in 2019
Follow us on WeChat (ID: afjnews) to get updated with the latest news, analysis and exclusive interviews in aviation finance market
Keynote Session – Reshaping a trillion-dollar industry
With international travel banned in many countries, airlines were forced to ground their fleets and put workers on compulsory unpaid leave. A ripple effect has occurred throughout the industry, as airlines requested delay in payments, lessors face potential lease defaults and challenges, hence affecting the investors in structured products, aircraft lease portfolio securitizations and aircraft loan financings. How long can this cycle last? Who will be paying the bills in the end?
- Joe O’Mara, Head of Aviation Finance, KPMG in Ireland
- Paul Sheridan, Chief Executive Officer, AMCK Aviation Holdings Ireland Limited
- Keith Wilson, Partner, CMS
Funding of the industry and how it is moving forward
- Kieran O’Brien, Partner, KPMG
- John Mowry, Managing Director, Alton Aviation Consultancy
- Richard Finlayson, Managing Director, Head of Transportation Finance, Asia, Deutsche Bank
- Marilyn Gan, Managing Director and Head of Origination Asia, MUFG Bank
Towards a sustainable future in aviation
Environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) factors are becoming a key determination for capital allocation, with institutional and individual investors keen to avail themselves for green credentials. Although there was often a perception that any investment in aviation could not be ESG compliant because of environmental concerns regarding the industry’s contribution to carbon emissions, however, the attitudes seem to be shifting with an increasing number of green or sustainability-linked financing transactions involving airlines, lessors and airports within the past few years. What is the current position for “green financing” and what will the future look like?
- Jan Melgaard, Executive Chairman, FPG Amentum
- Sami Jauhiainen, VP Business Development and Head of Renewable Aviation, Neste
- Niklas Hardange, VP Fleet Management, SAS
- Tom Rotherham-Winqvist, Managing Director, Wafra
Closing of Day 1
Engine Panel – Too much supply in the market?
What is the near-term outlook, is there an oversupply, especially of large commercial aircraft engines? Who might exit the market and what strategies should those adopt ready to brave the storm?
- Dave Beary, Senior Vice President, Head of Commercial Operations, Risk Management and Compliance, Shannon Engine Support Ltd.
- Andy Martin, CFM Product Marketing, GE Aviation
- Paul Finklestein, Vice President Marketing, Pratt & Whitney
- Craig W. Welsh, SVP & Chief Commercial Officer, Americas & Asia, Willis Lease Finance Corporation
The Airline Turbulence – Interview with VietJet Air
- Domini Lalk, Asia Editor, Airfinance Journal (moderator)
- Rohit Singh Tomar, Head of Finance Department & Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, VietJet Air
Export Credit Agency Financing: What Does the Future Hold?
Given Covid-19 and the unprecedented downturn experienced by the industry, an increase in the use of Export Credit Agency (ECA) financing has been observed. What’s the latest we’ve been seeing in the market? How innovative has the ECA structure become? What about alternatives and hybrid products?
- Simon Collins, Partner, White & Case LLP
- Daniel Da Silva, Vice President, Strategic Regulatory Policy, Boeing Capital Corporation
- Pil Seymour, President and Head of Advisory, IBA
Are the capital markets here to stay?
Capital market have become an important financing source along with new liquidity provided by a wave of new investors from private equity, insurers and institutional money in recent years. Has the pandemic put an end to lavish exposure?
- Gemma Loder, Senior Vice President Capital Markets, Jackson Square Aviation
- Rafael Kuhn, Director, Deutsche Bank Securities Inc.
- Mark Streeter, Managing Director, JP Morgan
- Weili Chen, Head, Commercial ABS, Capital Markets Solutions, Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong) Limited
Is government relief the best way to support the industry?
To provide relief from the effects of COVID-19, many countries have passed on emergency legislation to offer respite from rent and other payments such as delay creditors’ ability to petition for and put companies into insolvency, restrict certain types of enforcement action over assets pledged etc. Will we see more of such legislation? How has this affected the aviation industry and what is the impact on the industry going forward?
- Paul Jebely, Managing Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (HK) LLP
- Paul Ng, Partner, Milbank
- Jean Chedeville, Head of Aviation Finance, Asia Pacific, Natixis
- Carine Truong, Director – Aviation, NWS Holdings Limited
Closing of Day 2
KPMG in Ireland
Alton Aviation Consultancy
Pratt & Whitney
Willis Lease Finance Corporation
White & Case LLP
Daniel Da Silva
Boeing Capital Corporation
Deutsche Bank Securities Inc
Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong)
AMCK Aviation Holdings Ireland Limited
NWS Holdings Limited
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (HK) LLP
Shannon Engine Support Ltd.
Attracting thousands of participants annually from airlines, leasing companies, financial institutions, investment houses and government bodies, our events provide you with an unparalleled platform from which to promote your organisation’s brand, products and services.
HOW TO GUIDE: VIRTUAL EVENT PLATFORM
PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE VIDEO TUTORIALS ARE FROM OUR PREVIOUS NORTH AMERICA 2020 VIRTUAL EVENT AND SOME FEATURES MAY VARY.