Airfinance Journal Africa 2019
Defining the aviation conversation in Africa
Airfinance Journal Africa 2019 returns to Johannesburg over October 6th-8th 2019. An intimate gathering of the most influential players in African aviation finance, the conference will grant you access to business critical contacts and feature expert analysis from the industry’s most senior voices.
Airfinance Journal Africa is the place to develop new commercial relationships, deepen existing ones and ultimately make deals happen.
- Hear from the industry’s most senior figures – featuring airline CFOs and treasury teams
- A multitude of dedicated networking opportunities including drinks receptions and lunches
- Networking breakfast featuring a VIP keynote speaker
- Networking dinner hosted by Airfinance Journal
- Executive meeting lounge for your all-important 1-2-1 meetings
- Dedicated networking space available throughout the conference
Follow us and share your content!
19 00 PM Networking drinks reception
08 55 AM Chairperson's opening remarks
- Paul Jebely, Managing Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (HK) LLP
09 00 AM Is Africa the “continent of new opportunity”?
09 30 AM Green Africa Airways cleared for take-off in Nigeria
10 00 AM Is Africa an answer to lessors’ search for yield?
- With depressed lease rates on SLBs and increasing competition, is Africa a jurisdiction in which lessors can maintain a greater yield?
- What can lessors do to build more innovative and bespoke deals with African airlines?
- Should lessors consider opening operations locally on the continent?
10 40 AM Morning networking break & refreshments
11 10 AM What does Comair's expansion strategy tell us about the African airline market?
11 40 AM Finding a way forward in African airline ownership – can there be a third way?
12 20 PM Networking lunch
13 50 PM Keys to success for secondary market aircraft traders in Africa
- What is the foreseeable impact of rising fuel costs on the African secondary market?
- Is there an appetite among African airlines for new technology aircraft?
- How strongly have the residual values of regional jets and turboprops held?
14 30 PM Kenya Airways embark on new chapter
Hear Kenya Airways' Chief Financial Officer, Hellen Mwarriri lay out the airline's new strategy for achieving growth and profitabiltiy in a challenging market, which financing structures they're looking to utilise in 2019 and beyond and what impact the nationalisation of the airline will likely have on their ability to effectively compete amongst Africa's airlines.
- Hellen Mwarriri, Chief Financial Officer, Kenya Airways Ltd
15 00 PM Afternoon networking break & refreshments
15 30 PM How healthy is the market for regional jets and turboprops?
- Is there a market for the E2 and A220 in Africa?
- How popular can we expect the CRJ900 to be with African operators?
- Will increased connectivity in the region allow carriers operating regional jets to increase capacity?
- Dominique Dumas, VP Sales Africa & MEA, ATR
16 10 PM Ethiopian Airlines maintain status as "crown jewel" of Africa
- Tewolde Gebremariam, Chief Executive Officer, Ethiopian Airlines
16 40 PM Chairperson's closing remarks
16 45 PM Networking drinks reception
08 00 AM Networking breakfast and VIP keynote speaker
09 30 AM Transport provided to Tambo International Airport
Chief Financial Officer
Kenya Airways Ltd
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Strategy & Investment Officer
Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman (HK) LLP
Director - Aircraft Remarketing
VP Sales Africa & MEA
Vice President Marketing
Nordic Aviation Capital
Novus Aviation Capital
Holland & Knight
Chief Executive Officer
TAAG Angolan Airlines
Head: Aircraft Finance
Attracting thousands of participants annually from airlines, leasing companies, financial institutions, investment houses and government bodies, our events provide you with an unparalleled platform from which to promote your organisation’s brand, products and services.
Find out more about our sponsorship opportunities
ACC Aviation Group
One of the world’s leading aviation service providers, ACC Aviation Group provides market-leading expertise across aircraft leasing, asset management, strategic consultancy, aftermarket aircraft interiors programmes and air charter.
Through our international office network spanning the UK, mainland Europe, North America, the Middle East and Asia, we serve a diverse, global client base who trust our experts to deliver a comprehensive range of bespoke aviation solutions.
European turboprop manufacturer ATR is the world leader in the regional aviation market. ATR designs, manufactures and delivers modern regional aircraft, with a customer base fleet encompassing some 200 airlines in nearly 100 countries. The ATR 42 and the ATR 72 are the best-selling aircraft in the market segment of 90 seats or less. With continuous improvement as a driving force, ATR produces cutting edge, comfortable and versatile turboprops that help airlines expand their horizons by creating more than 100 new routes every year. Compared with other turboprops, ATRs offer an advantage of 40% on fuel burn, 20% on trip cost and 10% on seat cost, whilst offering the lowest CO2 and noise emissions. ATR is an equal partnership between leading aerospace firms Airbus and Leonardo and benefits from a large global customer support network allowing it to deliver innovative services and solutions to its clients and operators all over the world. For more information, please visit http://www.atr-aircraft.com
Hyatt Regency Johannesburg
Complimentary Airline & Investor Passes
- Complimentary registration for you to attend!
- Establish relationships with lessors, financiers and service providers to understand the best options for financing future deliveries
- Signal to the industry what financing options you’re considering to enhance RFP proposals
- Meet with manufacturers to deliver the fleet solutions you need to run an efficient and profitable airline
- Understand your competition’s strategies with regards to fleet development
- Hear expert analysis that can improve your operations and financial performance
Follow us and share your content!
In addition to exhibition and delegate packages we also offer a range of comprehensive sponsorship and advertising options.
Sponsor an Airfinance Journal event and benefit from:
Direct access to your target market
Put your brand infront of aviation finance leaders from airlines, investors, lessors, banks, manufacturers and more.
Increased exposure to our database
Your logo and messaging will be featured on our marketing emails, print material, social media and digital advertising pre, during and after the conference.
Generate hundreds of highly targeted business leads
Position your brand infront of the entire aviation industry. You will also receive your very own pre-conference marketing pack to ensure you gain maximum exposure and generate interest.
Benefit from exclusive services only available to our sponsors
Participate at the conference that puts you in the drivers seat with your own wish list of attendees and your dedicated marketing contact leading up to the conference.