Testimonial: Walter Valarezo, Head of Americas Sales, DAE Capital
Event open: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EDT (1:00 PM – 10:00 PM BST)
Airfinance Journal Latin America 2020 returns on the 8th to 10th of September in an all-new virtual format for a much-needed key industry event. You will hear from and be able to virtually network with the industry’s leading executives from the airline, leasing, financing, manufacturing, and appraisal communities, whilst developing new leads and relationships with your peers from across the globe. Do not miss this opportunity to align and rethink your strategies in the next phase of market maturity and overcome the biggest hurdles during these turbulent times. Our goal is to provide you with a solution for today.
During our 2019 event:
- 94% gained new industry insights
- 97% met their networking objectives
- 95% gained an understanding of the market
- 76% met current and potential customers
- 80% gained business development opportunities
% management level
TIME ZONE: EDT
9:30am A Boeing market outlook
Wendy Sowers, Director, Market Forecasting, Boeing Commercial Aircraft
11am Capacity reduction and unencumbered assets: GOL’s strategy for a post-COVID-19 environment
- What might GOL’s fleet look like in 2021 compared to today?
- Which financing sources has GOL been able to access since the outbreak and how has this changed since 2019?
- Will GOL’s increased fleet efficiency pay dividends when global travel restarts?
11:30am Dedicated speed networking session
With international business travel at a standstill, take this opportunity to network with your peers and potential customers from across the globe in this exclusive virtual networking session.
12:40pm Will the COVID-19 outbreak dampen the financing available for new technology aircraft in Latin America?
- A financing environment defined by cheap interest and lease rates made new technology narrowbodies the staple of Latin American fleets, will those sources of financing still be there as aviation restarts?
- Where does the financing of current orders stand in the aftermath of the pandemic?
- Do we expect shifting asset values to impact demand for this metal in the region?
Marjan Riggi, Senior Managing Director, Head of Aviation and Transportation, KBRA
Moderated by: Fabio Falkenburger, Partner, Machado Meyer
5pm Close of day 1
TIME ZONE: EDT
9:30am Flybondi’s ULCC model
- What will Flybondi’s fleet look like in 2021 compared to today?
- Do we expect Flybondi’s financing sources to change as a result of the crisis?
- How has Flybondi’s strict ULCC business model been impacted by the outbreak and retraction of cheap funding?
Priscilla Branco, Senior Vice President & Regional Manager, Latin America & The Caribbean, GECAS
Carolyn Prowse, Chief Commercial Officer, Volaris
Moderated by: Amelia Anderson, Co-Founder & President, AWAR
10:50am Virtual networking & On-demand content
Stephen Rapp, Chief Executive Officer, Viva Air Peru
Interviewed by: Richard Furey, Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
12:40pm Utilisation drop and oversupply: a look at the 2020 engine market
- A comparative look at engine sales and leases before and after the pandemic
- How can those engaged in this sector mitigate the impact of underutilised assets and falling rental revenue?
- Engine asset values
1:20pm How will the COVID-19 crisis impact airframe lease rates and terms in Latin America?
- Lease rate comparison before/after COVID-19
- Will we see a “return to normal” with regards to lease terms, including altering return conditions and maintenance reserve agreements?
- What options do lessors have in supporting airline customers during the crisis?
Walter Valarezo, Head of Americas Sales, DAE Capital
Douglas Walker, Managing Director & Head of Global Origination, Seabury Consulting & Corporate Advisory
Moderated by: Bernardo Rodriguez Ossa, Partner, Parra Rodriguez Abogados
TIME ZONE: EDT
9:30am Will VivaAerobus’ low-cost strategy hold amidst rising costs of capital?
- As the cost of financing increases due to uncertainty resulting from COVID-19, how effectively will the carrier be able to manage cost structures throughout the organisation?
- How strong is VivaAerobus’ position in the domestic Mexican market and what impact has COVID-19 had on that?
- Which sources of financing will VivaAerobus look to in 2021?
10am Virtual networking & on-demand content
- Narrowbody aircraft values pre and post the pandemic
- How will the collapse of traffic impact the economics of flying new technology narrowbody aircraft?
- What other options make sense for Latin American airlines looking to diversify their fleet composition?
Vagner Ricardo, Marketing Manager, Embraer Commercial Aircraft
Moderated by: Carlos Sierra, Partner, Sierra Abogados
11:30am Virtual networking & on-demand content
12:40pm Bonus airline closing keynote – Sky Airlines
Jose Ignacio Dougnac, Chief Executive Officer, Sky Airlines
1:10pm Virtual networking & on-demand content
5pm Close of virtual conference
Jose Ignacio Dougnac
Holland & Knight LLP
Boeing Commercial Aircraft
Engine Lease Finance Corporation
Bernardo Rodriguez Ossa
Parra Rodriguez Abogoados
Viva Air Peru
Embraer Commercial Aircraft
Boeing Commercial Aircraft
Attracting thousands of participants annually from airlines, leasing companies, financial institutions, investment houses and government bodies, our events provide you with an unparalleled platform from which to promote your organisation’s brand, products and services.
HOW TO GUIDE: VIRTUAL EVENT PLATFORM
PLEASE NOTE: THE ABOVE VIDEO TUTORIALS ARE FROM OUR PREVIOUS NORTH AMERICA 2020 VIRTUAL EVENT AND SOME FEATURES MAY VARY.
PAST EVENT PHOTOS
Each year, Airfinance Journal and CDB Aviation award 50% of tuition fees to a female aviation ﬁnance student at the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School.