Airfinance Journal Middle East 2019
Airfinance Journal Middle East 2019 returns in March 2019 for the premier gathering of aviation finance professionals across the Middle East to engage in high-end networking & explore the most pressing challenges & opportunities facing Middle Eastern aircraft finance.
Over two days you’ll benefit from exclusive networking opportunities, ranging from our 1-2-1 meetings service; connecting you directly with who you need to meet, drinks receptions & our dedicated networking space. In addition you’ll be granted access to talks, panels & interviews with the industry’s leading lights, offering business critical insights into the issues your business is tackling on a daily basis.
For anymore information please contact Kate Skinner
T: +44 (0) 20 7779 8281
Our Event Partners
Previous companies in attendance included:
Abu Dhabi Global Market
ADIB - Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
Air Lease Corporation
Air Mauritius Ltd
Airbus / EADS France SAS
Airbus Group SAS
ALAFCO Aviation Lease and Finance Company
Allegiant Travel Company
Allen & Overy
Arena Aviation Capital
Association of Power Producers of Ontario
Aviation Capital Group
Baker & McKenzie
Bank of Communications Financial Leasing
BBAM Aircraft Leasing & Management
BBAM Aviation Services
Berwin Leighton Paisner
Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP
Biman Bangladesh Airlines Ltd
Bird & Bird
BOC Aviation Limited
BOEING CAPITAL CORP
Boeing Capital Corporation
Boeing Commercial Airplanes
Bombardier Commercial Aircraft
Burnham Sterling & Company
Burnham Sterling and Co
CCB Financial Leasing Corporation Limited
Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation
CIT Aerospace Asia Pte. Ltd.
CIT Aerospace International
Clyde & Co
CMB FINANCIAL LEASING (IRELAND) LTD
CMIG Aviation Capital Holding Ireland DAC
CrÃ©dit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank
Dana Airlines Ltd
Denton Wilde Sapte
Dentons US LLP
Deutsche Bank AG
Deutsche Bank Securities
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Development Bank of Japan
DHL Supply Chain
Doric Asset Finance GmbH & Co. KG
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise
Dubai Aerospace Enterprise (DAE) Ltd
DVB Bank SE
DVB Bank SE Singapore Branch
DVB Group Merchant Bank
DVB Transport (US)
Egyptair Holding Co.
Egyptair Holding Company
Engine Lease Finance Corporation
Etihad Aviation Group
Euler Hermes Aktiengesellschaft
Export Development Canada
Falko Regional Aircraft
Firnas Airways UK
First Abu Dhabi Bank
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
GE Capital Aviation Services
GE JAPAN Corporation - PK AirFinance
Gide Loyrette Nouel
Go Airlines (India) Limited
GOAL GmbH & Co. KG
Goshawk Management (Ireland) Limited
Gulf Air Company
Hainan HNA Aviation IMP. & EXP. Co. Ltd.
Helaba - Landesbank Hessen-Thuringen Girozentrale
08 00 AM Registration & morning refreshments
08 55 AM Chairperson's opening remarks
09 00 AM A view from the cockpit: How strong is the Middle Eastern economy?
- Rising fuel prices impact the Middle East uniquely – what effect have we seen on the aviation industry?
- How are Middle Eastern airlines, lessors & financiers handling with FX fluctuations against the dollar?
- Have rising interest rates dampened Middle Eastern appetite for capital?
09 30 AM Etihad continue on the path to profitability
- How has the airline managed to mediate the impact of increased fuel prices?
- Greater capacity discipline and greater focus on point-to-point traffic have both resulted in stronger yields, do we expect this strategy to continue moving forward?
- Will the airline consider further capital partnerships after the challenges surrounding EA II
10 00 AM Questions still loom over the region's widebody backlog
- Over half of the global blacklog for the A380 still resides in the Middle East, what is the future of this aircraft program?
- With the first A380’s to come off lease being parted out, how much confidence do lessors in the region have in their ability to remarket this aircraft in the future?
- Which financing structures make sense to fund these deals?
10 40 AM Morning networking break & refreshments
11 10 AM Emirates remain resilient amidst macro headwinds
11 40 AM How important is Islamic Finance to the region's carriers & lessors?
- With Natixis & Noordbank closing their recent aviation asset backed Sukuk with Abu Dhabi Global Markets, what role do we expect this bespoke financing to play in the region moving forward?
- What impact can we expect to have increased capital from the Middle East to have on the wider aviation finance market?
- Can we expect the amount of Islamic Finance deals to increase in the year to come?
12 20 PM Networking lunch
13 50 PM Saudi Arabian airlines continue to evolve
- Will we see the demand for widebody aircraft from Saudi airlines grow and how well positioned are they to take on extra capacity?
- Which financing solutions have we seen being utilised in Saudi Arabia?
- How strong is the appetite from Saudi financiers & investors for aviation?
14 30 PM How great is the appetite of local financiers for aviation paper and metal?
- What needs to happen to bring more local financiers to the table?
- What opportunities are there for financiers who wish to deploy capital into aviation outside of the ME3?
- Which financing structures work in the Middle East and what innovations have we seen in this regard?
15 10 PM Afternoon networking break & refreshments
15 40 PM Is airline consolidation necessary for Middle Eastern carriers in the long run?
- At a meeting of the Arab Air Carriers Organisation AGM carriers put forward the view that airline consolidation will likely not happen in the next 5 years, but is this a good or bad thing for the industry?
- What options do Middle Eastern carriers have in the face of chronic overcapacity and a more challenging macro environment?
- How strongly positioned are the smaller Middle Eastern carriers?
16 20 PM Airline closing keynote
17 00 PM Chairperson's closing remarks
08 00 AM Morning refreshments & networking
09 00 AM Chairperson's opening remarks
09 05 AM Oil pricing experiences turbulance
- After enjoying a slow and steady climb for much of 2018 – oil prices have dropped nearly 27% since October 1st, what caused this shift?
- Do we expect oil pricing to recover in 2019?
- What impact has this had on Middle Eastern carriers?
09 35 AM Developing new engine technology
- What impact have engine delivery challenges had in the Middle East?
- What innovations are engine OEMs providing in engine technology?
09 55 AM Is the region's airline performance a cause for concern for financiers?
- With some of the ME3 announcing cut profits in the first half of 2019, what is the broad outlook for Middle Eastern airlines amongst the financial community?
- What role can innovative financing solutions play in helping financiers deploy capital more effectively
- How strong is the appetite to fund smaller Middle Eastern airlines outside of the ME3?
10 35 AM Morning networking break & refreshments
Inspired by thepyramids of Egypt, is a landmark in Dubai’s skyline. This award-winning hotel features an , an extensive spa and free in-room WiFi.
A shopping adventure lies around the corner as Raffles Dubai adjoins, one of Dubai’s most exclusive shopping malls. Dubai International is a 15-minute drive away.